The event registration details include:
- Participants must register by Friday, July 27 to be guaranteed a t-shirt.
- Registration closes Tuesday, August 7 at 11:59 pm.
- Late registration will be accepted until the day of event; a price increase will be applied.
- A mail-in registration form is available here.
- Make check payable to and mail the registration form to:
BRHS Cardinals Sports Booster
Attn: Karen GreenBay
21034 15 Mile Road
Big Rapids, MI 49307
Participants who register after August 7 will select from limited available sizes at event packet pick-up on Friday, August 10 or at the event Saturday, August 11 on a first-come, first-serve basis.
The registration timeline for the 5K event includes an early bird rate until July 27.
- 5K Run: $25.00 Early Bird Rate; $30 after July 27
- 5K Wellness Walk: $20.00 Early Bird Rate; $25 after July 27
- Kid's Dash (ages 8 and under): $3.00 Early Bird Rate; $3 after July 27 (payable at the event)
Packet Pick-Up and Late Registration
Participants can pick up their race material Friday, August 10th at the Big Rapids High School Lobby from 4:00pm-7: 00 pm.
Late registration is also available Friday, August 10 and Saturday, August 11 at 7:30 am during Race Registration.
No refunds provided for any reason; including prior injury, illness, or schedule conflicts. The event will continue if it rains, but if hazardous weather hinders participant or volunteers safety, the event will be canceled or rescheduled.
You can transfer your race entry to another individual for a $5.00 fee; however, transfers must be made by July 27 (11:59 pm). Transfers will not be allowed after July 27. Transfer requests should be emailed to email@example.com.
Your Registration Includes:
Race t-shirt (size guaranteed if you register by July 27)
What to expect at the Cardinals 5K?
Water station on the race course.
Post-race refreshments are available for all finishers.
Race pictures during and after the race.
The race is chip timed.
Fun family event to jump-start the school year.
Race results will be available at the race kiosks located onsite at the Big Rapids High School lobby. You can view results online from our Sports Booster Website.
Course Maps & Information
The course starts and finishes at the Big Rapids High School.
- Strollers, animals, bicycles, rollerblades, and skateboards are not permitted on the race course.
- Dogs and not permitted on the premises of the event.
Free parking for the 5K event will be in the Big Rapids High School parking lot. There will be signs as you enter the premises directing you to the event parking area.
An event the size and scope of the Cardinal Sports Booster 5K will require many volunteers throughout the planning process and during race weekend. Being a volunteer gives you the opportunity to ensure that everyone who participates has a great experience. We are seeking volunteers to organize race packet material, assist with set-up, registration and clean-up after the event, encourage participants during the event, and other areas as needed. If you are interested in volunteering for the 5K event, please email the Race Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the volunteer list. A tentative volunteer meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, August 7 at 6:00 pm – Location TBA.