Race results will be available at the race kiosks located onsite at Hemlock Park.
Race Site Location:
Hemlock Park (Across from B.R. Roller Rink)
Big Rapids, MI 49307
Race Contact Information:
Karen GreenBay, Race Coordinator
Registration & Pricing
- Participants must register by Friday, August 2nd to be guaranteed a t-shirt
- Late registration is accepted until the day of the event; price increase is applied
- Mail-in registrations, click HERE to print the registration form
- Online registration available click HERE
- Make check payable to and mail printed registration form to:
Payable to: BR Cardinals Sports Booster
Big Rapids Public Schools
Attn: BR Cardinals 5K Event
21034 15 Mile Road
Big Rapids, MI 49307
Participants who register after August 2nd will select from limited available shirts at packet pick-up on Friday, August 16th or at the event Saturday, August 17th on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Early Bird Rate
Before July 15th
After July 16th
August 14th - 17th
|5K Wellness Walk
|Kids Dash(Age 10/under)
Packet Pick-Up and Late Registration
- Participants can pick up their race material Friday, August 16th at the Big Rapids High School Lobby from 4:00pm-6:30 pm.
- Late registration also available Friday, August 16th and Saturday, August 17th at 7:00 am. Shirts are not guaranteed after August 2nd deadline.
No refunds provided for any reason; including prior injury, illness, or schedule conflicts. The event will continue if it rains, but if hazardous weather hinders participant or volunteers safety, the event will be rescheduled or canceled. If the event is canceled, registration fees will not be refunded but applied to a rescheduled date. Cancellation or delay announcements will be published on the Sports Boosters website or facebook 5K event page.
Participants are able to transfer their race entry to another individual for a $10 fee; however, transfers must be made by Friday, August 2nd (11:59 pm) and include shirt size adjustment. Transfers will not be allowed after August 2nd. Transfer requests should be emailed to email@example.com.
Your Registration Includes:
- Race t-shirt (guaranteed if registered by August 2nd)
- Race Bib
- Complimentary Bag
- Free parking
- Pre-Post Race Refreshments
What to expect at the Cardinals 5K?
- One water station on the race course (at Northend Park)
- Post-race refreshments for participants
- Race pictures during and after the race
- The race is chip timed
- A fun family event to jump-start the school year
Course Maps & Information:
- The course starts and finishes at Hemlock Park
- Click on the link below for a PDF of the course map
- 5K Course Map (Coming soon)
- The White Pine Trails will remain open to the public
- Strollers, animals, bicycles, rollerblades, and skateboards may be on the race course
- Dogs are permitted on the trail, but walkers (with dogs) are encouraged to start in the far back. We recommend that dogs wear a muzzle guard to avoid accidents
Free parking for the 5K event is held at Hemlock parking lot. There will be signs as you enter the premises directing you to the event parking area. Overflow parking is available behind the Big Rapids Middle School.
An event the size and scope of the Cardinals Sports Booster 5K requires many volunteers throughout the planning process and during race day. Becoming a volunteer gives you the opportunity to ensure that everyone who participates has a great experience. We are seeking volunteers to organize race packet material, assist with set-up and registration, clean-up after the event, cheer/encourage participants on the race course, and other areas as needed. If you are interested in volunteering for the 5K event, please email the Race Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the volunteer list. A tentative volunteer meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, August 7th @ 6:00 pm – Hemlock Park.
If you have questions about the event or need further clarification, contact the Karen GreenBay, Race Coordinator at email@example.com or 231.250.9369 call/text.