Food Service Department

Purchases & Online Payments

Today's families lead busy lives, leaving less time to prepare a good breakfast or pack a well-balanced lunch. At Big Rapids Public Schools, the Food Service Department knows how important it is for children to eat healthy. We provide a wide variety of nutritious food to our students daily to promote good health and education.

The convenience of our Skyward Online Food Service Program assures parents confidentiality and up-to-date information concerning what foods their child chooses to purchase and the balance of their family account. Having this information at the tip of our fingers allows us to work with you to promote life-long good health.

We also offer a convenient payment option through e-Funds for Schools.  e-Funds allows parents to electronically add funds to their student's food service accounts.

For more information about purchases and payments through our Food Service Department, please refer to the resources below:


Each student has a personal food service barcode number/identification card which allows them to purchase items from a family account. All purchases are recorded and kept separate for each family member, but the cost is deducted from one family account. This allows the parents to issue one check for the entire family in our Big Rapids Public Schools and still determine where the money is being spent.

Purchases and payments can be tracked by our Family Access Program or by requesting an itemized statement of your family meal account.

To request a statement, contact Barb Ward at (231)796-7653.

If you have Internet access and would like more information on our Family Access Program, click here.

Payments can be made to your family account by sending cash or a check to school with your child or mailing a check to: 

Big Rapids Public School Food Service
500 N. Warren
Big Rapids, MI 49307

Payments can also be made online using "e~Funds for Schools". Please note that "e~Funds for Schools" will charge a $1 convenience fee per transaction that you make using your bank account. The system carries a  Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) charge if the payment is underfunded, all charges will be charged to the family meal account. For payments made by credit or debit card, "e~Funds for Schools" will charge between $2 - $3 per $100 increment for each transaction. You have the option to establish a recurring payment or may opt to make a one-time payment. Instructions to create your account are available on the Big Rapids Public Schools website, under the “Parents” tab. If you need any additional information, please feel free to contact us.


Big Rapids Public Schools is pleased to offer an online food service payment option using "e-Funds for Schools" electronic payment services.  You have the ability to make lunch payments electronically either by using your checking account or your credit card.  

This service is user friendly, and is accessed through your existing Family Access (Skyward) account, provided by Big Rapids Public Schools.

For more information about "e-Funds for Schools", please use the links below:

e-Fund Parent Letter

e-Fund Registration Guidelines


You may request a refund from your family meal account at any time. If you are leaving the school district, please make sure your lunch has a zero balance. We require a signed note from a parent or guardian requesting the funds to be returned to you or your student. If your child is graduating and you do not have any other children in the district, we will send you a refund check at the end of the school year. Money can also be transferred to another student account upon your written request. If you have any questions or would like to request a refund or transfer please call 231-796-7653 or email or Barb Ward.


Barb Ward