- Technology has come to the forefront in education so Riverview instructional staff is utilizing an array of tech devices within the classroom for instruction. We are fortunate to have a Smartboard, Netbooks, Chromebooks, Document Camera’s and iPads in the classroom for an enhanced learning experience. Students in all grades work with each other as mentors, reading and bus buddies, as well as academic tutors.
- Our learning environment is also enhanced through a partnership with Ferris State University, which includes 40 and 80 hour education students, FSU Student Teachers, FSU “Reading Literacy” work study students, volunteers from FSU Athletic Department, FSU Social Work students, FSU Psychology interns, social organization volunteers and research students. Many community members volunteer their time at Riverview to work with our students academically and build relationships. Riverview prides itself in the Community/School relationship.
- Riverview Elementary has an extremely positive school environment which allows students to participate in many positive learning environment activities including spirit week, concerts, plays, book fairs, Title Nights, online programs, parades, field trips, concerts, health & fitness, and parent teacher conferences.
- Throughout the school year, Riverview students participate in community service projects, such as holiday door tag hanging and card-making for our troops. They continually building relationships and partnerships with community organizations.
- The State of Michigan put out school ratings in the spring and Riverview Elementary was in the Top 5% percentile twice in the last 5 years.
- The staff at Riverview radiates high energy and embraces positivity, teamwork and the love of learning. They continue to “Rock” the students learning and work hard at making our students experience at school the best it can be!